Upgrade to 1.11

General Chat Goes Here.
Goku
Site Admin

Upgrade to 1.11

Post#1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 pm

So planning to test 1.11 on sunday.

Since we have a recuring chunk issue with 1.9 i was thinking we should start a fresh map with the same seed. So landscape is the same. So we can copy over any regular players bases.

Thoughts on this?

Goku
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to 1.11

Post#2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm

due to constantasking will be done the following sunday now.

Regards

Angrydave1987

Post#3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:01 pm

God bless a fresh map, i think this is the best idea as you said due to chunk issues etc, this will cause major problems if we transfer map over.

Furthermore i think it is important that we inform as many users as possible to start packing up and getting there stuff together for what they want transfered over.

I hope they don't pull a fast one and say "oh i have a build here, a build other side of map, a 16 deep base hidden etc" they can easily use the /home command for these purpose, we can just move across the big stuff for them.

As for me i ain't fussed in the slightest, once the shulker boxes are here i plan on putting everything in there and start again

Kobe

Post#4 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Obviously, I'm all for a new map so fuck yeah, glad that might be happening. Just some things I'm not sure about.

I know u said regular player bases will be moved but how exactly will this happen? Will we be making schematics of the bases before updating and then paste them in after? If so, should we be doing this now or wait until after testing? Also, who will decide which players bases will be moved? I know you said regular players but I think that's kinda hard to define since imo it changes from week to week, month to month, people sometimes play a lot, take a break, come back or just stay off, become busy with other stuff like work/school etc... We could just do people who have been active in the last x amount of days/weeks/months but what about if a user returns after a while and wants their base back? Would we get it for them from a backup or something or just be like tough! Personally, I would suggest having a copy of the current world loaded somewhere, either as an extra world once the server is updated or on the test server or even as a last resort my local server. This way, we could update and have the new world, then just go to the backup world when we need to move a base, and since the seed is still the same the co-ords would near enough be the same too so it would also help with pasting the base in the correct location.

Another thing regarding moving the bases, maybe we could make a forum thread specifically for users to make requests for moving bases from the 1.9 world to the 1.11 world. I expect some will still ask in-game and I don't mind doing it like that but could make it easier on us and also make people more aware of the forums and actually using it.

Format could be something along these lines:

IGN: Kobe
Faction Name: Dauntless
Base Co-ords: 420 64 666
Comments: My storage area and farms go down to level 35, don't miss them out

Anyway, just a suggestion.

My final thing, more of a nitpick lol but I thought stuff like this, server announcements/upgrades, would be in the server info area rather than general chat, maybe even stickied on announcements while it was ongoing. I get that it can also be justified in being here, just saying, imo.

Goku
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:34 am

Well plenty of time for announcements n sht now! New monitor/tv died lol Just over a week old so whoop whoop.

Gonna see about taking it back to the store soon.

Im onsite monday and tues so if there is any major issues, Dave or kal will have to text me n be like oi shits gone wrong so i can ignore it.

Goks

Angrydave1987

Post#6 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 am

note as of today i am in Ireland for few weeks!

Return to “Chat Room”